Public & Private Sector Housing Conference
• Affordable Housing Bill 2021 • Ongoing Supply Issues
• Why Public Sector Housing Costs More Than Private Sector Housing?
• Potential Artificial Bubble in House Prices
• Problems with Investment Funds in The Housing Market
• Case Studies
• Legal Nightmares to Watch Out For
Date: 15th September 2021
LIVE VIRTUAL EVENT
Housing in Ireland is incredibly topical at the moment, and it is almost universally acknowledged that wherever you stand on the issue, a lot more needs to be done.
This annual conference has grown year after year, due to the practical advice and expert insights from some of the most forward-thinking and experienced speakers in the country. This event is shaping up to be our biggest yet.
We will hear from the Head of Affordable Housing in the Housing Agency on the new Affordable Housing Bill 2021, and we will examine exactly how the new Housing for All platform will help issues such as homelessness. We will be discussing investment funds in the housing market, and offering solutions to making cost rental and affordable housing work in Ireland. We will look at why there is such a delay between identifying a suitable site for development to being ‘shovel ready’, Why public sector housing costs more than private sector housing? and we will discuss what you can expect in terms of house prices in Ireland in the near future.
Housing is a complex problem that defies easy solutions. We will look at what challenges are in the way of getting things done.
This is a unique live virtual event from our own custom-built CMG Studios. Initial feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, with attendees praising the additional interactive elements, as well as increased Q&A opportunities throughout the day, giving you more opportunity to gain real practical insights on the key issues that are important to you.
See below event programme for a full list of key topics to be covered on the day
SAVE BY BOOKING THE EARLY BIRD RATE TODAY
Please note the early bird discount can close sooner than expected once a certain number of seats fill up, therefore your prompt booking is strongly advised
Conference Chairperson & Opening Remarks
Affordable Housing Bill 2021
Gwen Perry, Head of Affordable Housing Unit, The Housing Agency
Housing for All: what solutions does the new platform offer for homelessness and housing insecurity
Mike Allen, Director of Advocacy, Focus Ireland
- Briefly outline the scale and depth of the homeless problem in Ireland
- What are the main commitments in relation to homelessness/housing precarity in ‘Housing for All’
- Strengths of this approach
- Weaknesses/gaps/issues with this approach
- Proposals for what should happen next
Problems with Investment Funds in the Housing Market and Shared Equity –
an AHB perspective on Making Cost rental and Affordable Housing work in Ireland.
John Hannigan, CEO, Circle Voluntary Housing Association
A value shift in housing: why the state & 'not-for-profits' must be central in fixing the Irish housing crisis
Dr. Rory Hearne, Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Social Studies, Maynooth University
- What is the aim and vision of current housing policy? Is it adequate to meet the scale of the crisis?
- Is the funding allocation in housing the right approach, what is needed?
- How can the state play a more central role in ensuring the delivery of affordable homes as social housing, cost rental and affordable purchase?
- What is actually affordable housing?
- How can a right to housing as a new value framework provide a solution including the Constitutional change?
Ongoing supply issues – Does the government need to assess its policy response in light of the impacts of covid-19?
Kieran McQuinn, Research Professor, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI)
Addressing Incredible Time Lapses - Identifying a suitable Site For Development and Bringing it to being ‘Shovel Ready’
Claire McManus, Chair the RIAI Housing Taskforce, RIAI Spokesperson on Housing, Director of JFOC Architects.
- What is housing for the public good?
- What happens when the public good takes on local interests?
- The role of local advocacy
- The role of fiscal policy
- The role of design
- Why public sector housing costs more than private sector housing?
Creating a Planning System That Balances Public Accessibility & Participation
Rachel Kenny, Director of Planning, An Bord Pleanala
- Efficient and robust decision making - allowing for proper planning and sustainable development, including deliverable housing schemes.
- Lessons learnt from SHD
- Negative view of public /local politicians to all forms of housing
Housing Prices - Potential Artificial Bubble – Outlook Based On Historical Trends
Marian Finnegan, Managing Director, Residential & Advisory, Sherry Fitzgerald
- Irish house prices - a review of historical trends and outlook on what is expected
- What is the potential for an artificial bubble in house prices?
Case Study – Best Practice in Housing for Ireland
Legal Nightmares – Housing Projects
What are the typical hurdles projects face?
How to avoid these
Who Should Attend?
This event will be of real interest to anyone in public and private sector including, local authorities, housing agencies, approved housing bodies, government departments, contractors, architects, designers, policy setters, legal executives, researchers, academics and semi state agencies to name just a few.
Early Bird Rate – 435+vat (Save €100 – Limited Availability)
Normal Rate - 535+vat
Please note the early bird discount can close sooner than expected once a certain number of seats fill up, therefore your prompt booking is strongly advised to avoid disappointment
CMG Events Conference Discount
10% discount for the third delegate booked or subsequent bookings thereafter from the same company.
Why Should I Attend?
There are many reasons why you should attend this event, but here’s a few for you to consider.
Get the most up to date information on Housing Policies, New Ideas and Views from thought-leaders and industry experts.
You will get the rare opportunity to ask questions from renowned experts and experienced professionals on matters specifically relevant to you
Attend this event from the comfort of your home or office, while engaging and networking with others
Gain valuable CPD hours to add to your yearly requirements
Gain access to all presentations which may prove invaluable going forward
Watch and re-watch all video presentations in 4K for up to 72 hours after the event
There will be CPD points awarded to attendees at this conference. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award
Book Your Place
To request the conference agenda details with further information on schedule, timings, venue etc. Click Here
To secure your place please Click Here.
Alternatively call The CMG Events team on 00353 (0)1 293 3650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org