Construction Health and Safety Conference 2023
- Exploring the Construction Safety Licensing Bill 2023
- Effective Management Systems
- Risk Assessment – Case Law – Site Inspections
- Mental Health Awareness
Date: 6th December 2023
STREAMED LIVE FROM CMG STUDIOS
The Construction Health and Safety Conference 2023 will bring together industry experts and professionals to discuss key topics shaping the construction sector’s safety landscape.
Our comprehensive conference program will cover a range of crucial areas, including the forthcoming Construction Safety Licensing Bill 2023, safety management systems, risk assessment and management, case law and personal injury claims, construction site safety inspections, mental health in the industry, and addressing barriers to garnering employee buy-in.
Don’t miss this opportunity to gain valuable insights and stay at the forefront of construction health and safety practices.
See below event programme for a full list of key topics to be covered on the day!
SAVE BY BOOKING THE EARLY BIRD RATE TODAY
Conference Chairperson & Opening Remarks
Jennifer Lee, Health, Safety and Risk Manager with ARYZTA
The Construction Safety Licencing Bill 2023
Speaker: Fiona Egan, Senior Associate, Arthur Cox
- The introduction of safety-awareness requirements for workers in the construction sector,
- The establishment of a licensing model for workers, based on an assessment of competence, to replace the accredited training model
- The introduction of skills-based assessment, with no distinction on the basis of environment, merging the assessment and licensing processes for construction and quarrying activities
- A licensing regime for tutors
- An approvals requirement for training organisations conducting certain reserved activities
- The creation of offences for failure to hold the appropriate licence, and associated offences, for contractors and employers.
Barriers to Garnering Employee Buy-In and How to Address Them
Speaker: Veronica Lavelle, Health & Safety Manager, McKeon Group
- Employees may be unaware of the safety hazards they face and less receptive to the changes required to avoid them
- What happens when there is rapid organizational growth and lack of emphasis on safety practices?
- Perceived, or actual, lack of time to follow safety protocols
- Managing – Disinterest in safety issues!
- Handling team members who feel they are invincible – since they haven’t had an incident….YET!
- Lack of management involvement and buy-in from the top.
How to Conduct Risk Assessments and Site Inspections for Construction Safety
Speaker: Victor Hrymak, Lecturer in Environmental Health and Safety, Technological University Dublin
- Legal requirements for construction site risk assessments and inspections
- Relevant codes of practice, guidance documents and best practice examples
- The importance of identifying construction site hazards before they cause accidents, ill health, fires or other loss incidents
- Best practice for conducting construction site inspections
- The checklist versus visual inspection debate; which is better for safety?
- Learning from construction site risk assessments and inspections
- Using construction site risk assessments and inspections in legal proceedings
Case Law and Personal Injury Claims
Speaker: Conor Duff, Barrister at Law, The Law Library
- Case law and personal injury claims related to construction accidents and injuries.
- The legal implications of failing to provide adequate safety measures and precautions.
The importance of addressing mental health in the construction industry
Speaker: Natalie Ryan, Lighthouse Regional Ambassador- Ireland
- Prevalence of mental health issues in the construction industry, including stress, anxiety, depression, and substance abuse
- Untreated mental health problems can lead to impaired concentration, fatigue, decreased situational awareness, and increased risk of accidents and injuries on construction sites.
- Productivity and absenteeism:
- Stigma and barriers to seeking help
- Strategies for promoting mental well-being
Behavioural Safety Leadership in Construction
Speaker: Sonya Meekel – MBA, MSc M.A, BSc Eng, P.G Dip.Proj Man, P.G Dip Ed, C.Eng, M.I.E.I., Lecturer TU Dublin
- How to create the right environment to influence the appropriate behaviours from managers, supervisors and the workforce
- How to engage in positive health and safety conversations
- How to implement strategies in an organisation to improve safety behaviours
- How to provide constructive feedback to team members
Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS) – Key Priorities, Responsibilities & Statutory Requirements
Speaker: Paul Feely, Managing Director, Paul Feely & Associates
|Who Should Attend?|
This conference is essential for Construction Safety Managers, Health and Safety Officers, Project Managers, Site Supervisors, Risk Managers, Legal Professionals in Construction, Occupational Health Practitioners, Training and Development Managers, Human Resources Managers, Construction Industry Regulators, Safety Consultants, Workers’ Compensation Specialists, and Construction Company Owners and Executives.
SAVE 100.00 EURO BY BOOKING THE EARLY BIRD RATE OF €445 + VAT per Person – Normal Rate @ €535 + VAT.
Please note the early bird discount can close sooner than expected once a certain number of places fill up, therefore your prompt booking is strongly advised to avoid disappointment.
CMG Events Conference Discount
- 10% discount for the third delegate booked or subsequent bookings thereafter from the same company.
|Why Should I Attend?|
There are many reasons why you should attend this event, but here’s a few for you to consider.
- Get the most up to date information on health and safety requirements in the construction industry
- You will get the rare opportunity to ask questions from renowned experts and experienced professionals on matters specifically relevant to you.
- Attend this event from the comfort of your home or office, while engaging and networking with others.
- Gain valuable CPD hours to add to your yearly requirements.
- Gain access to all presentations which may prove invaluable going forward.
- Watch and re-watch all video presentations in 4K for up to 72 hours after the event.
There will be a certificate of attendance given to attendees after the conference. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many CPD points they will award.
|Book Your Place|
To request the conference agenda details with further information on schedule, timings, venue etc. Click Here
To secure your place please Click Here.
Alternatively call The CMG Events team on 00353 (0)1 293 3650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org